Tuesday, March 08, 2011

A Dinner Date with the President

Ok I didn't really have a dinner date with the president...but that would have been awesome! What we did do was visit my sister, her new Fiance!, and my cutest niece in Maryland a few weeks ago. One of the days we were there, Paul and Beth took us all to Washington DC. So, most of you probably don't think that is a big deal. Most people took a school trip to DC or have visited since then but not me. Can you believe it? I have never seen the Capitol or the White House, Arlington Cemetery, or Lincoln Memorial! I was thrilled to be going, and seeing these places all turned out to be sureal. I was really there.

We weren't planning on walking around Arlington but I'm so glad we did. We got there just in time to see the changing of the guards. It was crazy how precise they are and it is something everyone should take time to see. The view is also incredible from the tomb of the unknown soldier.

Now Maddie did think we were having a dinner date with the President. She thought this because...well...we told her so. It was the only way for her to be excited and we never thought she would even remember. Well she did and we had a slight melt down at the White House when Obama didn't show up. Thanks to her favorite Aunt (that would be me), I found a secret service agent guarding...something...and told her that was the President. It seemed to work just fine and once seeing "The President" she was good to go.



We also saw Lincoln Memorial which was way bigger than I thought it would be. Yes, I thought it was big but not that big!

The Captiol was one of my favorite stops. We didn't stay long but it was so pretty and I even got to prance like Elle Woods from Legally Blonde. Yes, I'm an adult.



I can't wait to go back again and spend more time exploring, touring museums, and taking a ton more pictures. Just maybe even a tour of the White House and who knows...a dinner date with the President. I wonder how long Maddie will believe me...

No comments: