Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ocracoke, NC

Today was a busy day that started at 7am when 14 of us total caught a ferry to Ocracoke Island. We had to be out the door at 7:30 and were leaving on the ferry at 9:30. It was a big group that took 3 cars to get us there but it was a lot of fun.

Here most of us are on the ferry right after taking off (It sounds like we were on a plane by 'taking off' but I'm not really up to date on my boat talk)

Here is Levi and his Dad, Jeff. Sometimes the paci works both ways


Here is my buddy Asher keeping me company. We stayed busy looking for pirate ships.


This ferry was passing by but it was identical to the one we were on.


Zak took this picture of us coming into Ocracoke.

First things first was food! We ate at The Jolly Rogers out on the deck. It was a gorgeous day as you can see with perfect September weather.



We decided to split up into four groups (3 cars and 2 walking). Zak, me, Emily, and Ian made up our group and we headed off to the lighthouse.



We decided to stop by and see the ocean but this was as far as I got to it. Everyone else went ahead while I stayed back and got eaten by giant mosquitos and then got the life scared out of me when a giant dog went charging past me. I was definitely having a different experience from everybody else.



Ice cream was our next stop and as we pulled up, Nate and Asher (who were walking) had the same idea we did and we all ate ice cream together under the trees.

We wanted to get in some shopping before we had to be back at the ferry at 3, so Emily and I found some good shops, even though we didn't buy anything.


There was a cool bead shop with a large variety of beads. It was fun looking at all of them. I took a picture of the sign from the Bead Shop because there were butterflies everywhere but they didn't show up in the picture...so, imagine them flying around.


Our trip was coming to an end and we all met back up on the ferry. Asher found a new friend on the boat that was just his age. They were so cute together and they played almost the entire 2 and a half hours it took to get back.



I'm not purposely ending every post with cutie Levi but don't you just want to pinch his cheeks!

No comments: