Friday, February 04, 2011

Conversations with a four year old

Yesterday I got a chance to talk to my 4 year old niece, Maddie, and I wanted to share some of the highlights of our conversation:

Beth: Maddie, Can you tell Emily what you say to someone when they say they're sorry?
Maddie: (Something I didn't understand)
Emily: What did you say Maddie?
Beth: Say it again Maddie. Emily didn't hear you.
Maddie: (Screams to the top of her lungs) I FOOOORRRRGGGIVVVVEEEE YOOOOUUUU!!!!!!


(Getting ready to say bye)
Beth: Maddie, Do you want to tell Emily one more thing before we say bye?
Maddie: YES! One more thing (holds up one finger). Ummmm...thinking.....still thinking....Ok, What's the first letter in snow?
Emily: Ummm....Well....I think it's a 'S'.
Maddie: Mommy? Is 'S' the first letter in Snow?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

haha Love it!