Sunday, February 13, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love

My college roommate, Jennifer, brought an idea up to me. Read Eat, Pray, Love and blog about it. Mention blogging and I'm intrigued. If you haven't read the book or watched the movie, it is about one woman's journey to self discovery.

I feel like this has come at a good time in my life. I too need some self discovery. I've been struggling with this since I got out of college and more here recently for some reason. I always thought: go to college, get good job. Well, I studied hard in college, made the dean's list every semester, graduated with a bachelor's degree, made cum laude but the job never came. I didn't have Plan B because Plan A was fail proof...so I thought.

Zak and I went out and bought Eat, Pray, Love the other night and then decided to take a drive. We do this often, usually in the day time. This time it was dark and we just drove. There wasn't much to see and we had no plan but we always enjoy these types of drives. With the book Eat, Pray, Love still on my lap from Target it was a little ironic. I realized my life was a lot like this particular drive tonight. I'm having fun along the way but my path is still very undecided and a little dark at times. There are a lot of things and decisions that are overwhelming but I keep on driving hoping that something will show itself. I sometimes wonder if my self will ever be discovered.

It is hard to say at 25 what you want to do for the rest of your life and then feeling confident when you think you have reached a decision. I'm hoping this book will give me a little insight and little hope that one day things will work out. They have to right?

I do have to say I'm lucky in love. I have the best husband anyone could ask for and that I'm so in love with. He supports me and encourages me with everything I do. I'm not looking for pity. I'm a very lucky person! I got to go to college and marry my childhood sweetheart. I have the best family anyone could ask for. I have a roof over my head and a job. I just needed to talk and I hope that one day I'll find my own Eat, Pray, Love.

So, here I go...onto another journey, another book, and another woman's story of how she found her way through life.

No comments: