Saturday, January 08, 2011

New Years Resolutions

I'm a little late in the New Years Resolutions department. It isn't my fault. Two days into the New Year I came down with a cold. Not just any cold, but an 'I can't get out of bed, who cares about a shower', kinda cold. I'm still trying to shake it all off but at least I have ambitions now.

What's different about this year for me is normally I make one resolution and I always fail at it. This year I wanted to do something different. This year I'm making lots of resolutions in the hope that one will stick. If I accomplish one or several at least I've accomplished something. So, here it goes.

My New Years Resolutions for 2011!

Read More~ If I could read everyday I would...and I should. That's what I'm going to do. Even if I read one page in bed before I fall asleep, I'm going to read everyday.

Get Healthy~No more putting this off. I have to get healthy. I don't want to lose weight or be what the world says is thin. I want to feel good again. I want to have more energy and feel good about what I'm eating and feel good about myself.

Save More Money~ Zak and I have several big purchases we are aiming for this year. We hope to buy a car in a few months and after the Summer we hope to buy a house. We aren't bad savers now but it's time to buckle down and keep our eye on the prize.

Finish My Picture Project~ This is one that I've been working on for two years and I'm no where near finishing it today than I was two years ago when I started. For anyone who doesn't know about my project, I made it my goal to sort and print all of my pictures (the important ones) on my computer. Then label and date all of them. THEN organize them in order in photo albums. That is a lot. We are talking several years of pictures (college, birthdays, Maddie, holidays). Most people would think I was crazy but I know in the end I will be so happy to have it completed. *Side Note: This has been my one and only New Years Resolution for the past two years.

Learn Another Language~ I've wanted to learn another language for some time now. I looked into a few programs but never got farther than that. I want to learn Spanish seeing that is what I kinda, sort of, not really learned in grade school. I'm really ready to learn now.

Write More~ I really enjoy writing but never seem to do it. I started a book, then another, and another but never finished any of them. I have this blog but I geared it towards pictures. I'm changing that. I want to write more. I may not finish one of my books and I will still post a lot of pictures on here but every now and then I want to share my thoughts and hope someone will listen.

Take a Vitamin Everyday~ I tried doing this at one time and it lasted not even a week but I'm going to try to get into the habit of doing it everyday.

So, There you go. My Resolutions for 2011 in all its randomness!

No comments: