Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pep Talk

When we get adults we get this mentality that we can do what we want and when we want it. Yet, we set rules and standards for kids, yes, to teach them but also because it makes them feel protected and make their world more stable. How come we don't do the same for ourselves?

I've been going about life for awhile eating what I want. I set goals for myself but don't listen when I really really want something. When kids really, really want the whole bag of cookies before dinner we don't give in because it's whats best for them.

So I'm going to say that for myself. I'm not giving in. If I have to treat myself like a child, then I will. I'm not giving in.

I've been doing good on the healthy eating, smaller portions, and no sugar this week but it is only three days in (It feels like a month) and I'm wanting that bag of Christmas candy that has my name written all over it.

I have to get over this hump before I can allow myself to have what I want in moderation. I know this will get easier. (I hope those dreams I had last night of heaping portions of mashed potatos go away.)

I just needed to give myself a little pep talk.

No comments: